Pond King - Honey Hole Shrub
Honey Hole Shrub Instructions
If you want your pond or lake to produce trophy bass, you have to provide plenty of forage for them to eat. That’s where the Honey Hole Shrub comes in. This piece of artificial fish structure will help boost baitfish production, especially with those species of fish that attach their eggs to vertical substrate, including fathead minnows, golden shiners, and threadfin shad. The establishment of shad populations is particularly critical if your goal is to produce double-digit largemouth bass.
- Designed specifically to boost bait fish production, which in turn produces trophy bass
- Shrub limbs and base provide cover for small fish
- Plankton and insect larvae attach to the limbs, providing a food source
- Provides substrate for forage fish to lay their eggs
- Safe for the environment and easy to install
The density of the tubes on this particular piece of artificial structure provides an escape area for smaller fish. Plus, the domed base has diamond slots that allow forage and juvenile fish to take shelter inside. The Shrub will provide these baitfish a ready food source because plankton and insect larvae will cling to the limbs. The vertical tubes also provide a substrate on which the forage fish can lay their eggs. This is a three-fold benefit to improving forage production.